Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Who Wants Car Trouble

I was rear-ended a little over a month ago and I still can't drive my car:(  Long story short, my car was totalled because the damage was more than the car is worth (because it is an older car).  We decided to keep it because I love my car and want to drive it until it dies.  It has been a very long process because we had to get it repaired, we are currently waiting on a salvage title, and then I have to get it re-inspected and get new license plates...Texas is crazy (I'm not supposed to drive it until we get all this worked out)!  I have been driving my husbands car and he takes mine to the park and ride (it is only 1 mile away).  Now you have the background.

This morning I woke up nice and early so I could go to body pump at 6:45am.  I decided to ride my bike like a crazy person in the 37 degree weather.  Cliff was like, you are not riding your bike...bad idea...it's way too cold....lol.  I was thinking I know but I am still going to do it :)  I peddle off to body pump and my husband leaves for work while I am gone.  Turns out, my car wouldn't start this morning (I guess the battery is dead), so he ended up taking his own car (GOOD thing I rode my bike-right???).  Only bad thing was, I needed to get a jump start and go exchange our cars at the park and ride-are you confused yet?

Anyways, I tried to start my car later after it had warmed up, and the battery was still dead.  I called our trusty friends Ben and Danielle (who live in our apt complex), and they came to save the day.  They gave me a ride to pick up Cliff's car and they are going to give him a ride home from the park and ride!!!  So awesome...I wanted to cry because I was so thankful and I do not handle car trouble well.  Sometime this weekend we are going to get my battery checked-crazy car I just want to drive it!

After all the car fiasco, I came home and made peanut clusters, as a thank you to Danielle!!!  She loves these things-and so do I.  If you like chocolate and peanut butter you have to try these.  I say they are HEALTHY because they are basically dark chocolate and peanuts/peanut butter!  So if you have a sweet tooth like me, this is a better option than a lot of other desserts.  I keep these stocked in my fridge at all times:)  They stay good a long time and you can eat them when you need a little treat (which would be every evening for me)!
 Oh yea baby!  I will get a close up later when I eat one.
 First you put chocolate chips in a double boiler (I use mostly semi-sweet and a few milk choco).
Then you get your muffin papers ready.
Stir chocolate often, and turn of heat when it is melted.  Add a giant scoop of peanut butter and stir.

Add cocktail peanuts and then you are ready to scoop into papers!  Do you know how hard it is to take a one handed picture?
Peanut Clusters
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter (estimate because I just use a big scoop as seen above)
1-2 cups cocktail peanuts depending on preference
Muffin liners (20-30)

Melt chocolate in double boiler.  While that is warming, get your muffin papers ready on a big cookie sheet.  Stir chocolate often.  Once it is melted, turn off your heat and stir in peanut butter.  Once that is mixed add your cocktail peanuts and use two small spoons to scoop mixture into muffin papers.  Cool in fridge.  Remove papers and store in a container in fridge!

Guess you might want to know about my breakfast and lunch in the meantime?  I made the same old thing I had yesterday...except this morning I made extra coffee so I could warm up after drinking my smoothie.  It was delicious as usual!  Don't worry though, this weekend I will change it up because we usually make fun breakfast on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment