Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday

I used to enjoy Black Friday shopping but it has gotten a little too scary/crazy for me.  I have watched a couple of videos and it is insane how crazy people act to get a good deal.  Don't get me wrong, I love bargains, but sometimes good deals are not worth it (hours in front of a store, hours in line, the possibility of getting punched or sprayed with mase...lol).  Craziness.  Instead of Black Friday shopping we slept in a little and made a yummy breakfast.  We wanted eggs benedict but there was not enough leftover ham:(  Cliff said we should try it with bacon so we did.  LOL he and my mom did-I could not bear the thought of messing with the already glorious eggs benedict.
Here is their eggs benedict with bacon.  We also used scrambled eggs instead of poached (because we had way too much going on with frying bacon and making sauce).
Here is my bacon egg and cheese english muffin!  Very yummy. 

 I am not going to lie, I wanted cake right after I ate this breakfast sandwich.  I didn't have any, but the rest of the day I was craving sweets and junk.  I think it is because I knew my parents were going to be leaving and I was just sad.  We had leftovers for lunch and I ate a mixed nut cluster for a snack.  In the evening we went to my Aunt Brenda's and had Taco Soup and hung out.  I ate lots of chips and guacamole (mmm I was craving this stuff), Taco Soup, Cake and some coffee.  We didn't stay long because my parents wanted to get to bed early so they could get on the road in the morning.  When I got home I snacked on some pretzels, peanut butter, and chocolate chips (I am pretty sure I was just emotionally eating).  I hate it when I do that but I think it happens to almost every woman at some point.
*************
This morning I felt a little better but my parents left in the morning and that was sad.  I ate a Kodiak Cake with peanut butter and black tea with steamed milk for breakfast.  Then we got to work cleaning the house and doing laundry.  I made some menus and went to the grocery store.  I had a big salad for lunch with leftover turkey and veggies plus the last of my Sweet Potato Casserole.
 It was pretty good-especially the sweet potatoes...I am going to have to make those as single serving for myself when Cliff is out of town.
After I got back from the grocery store I make a homemade hot cocoa:  steamed milk, 2 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate Hershey's Syrup, 1 tsp. Torani vanilla syrup.  It was good but not as good as the one I had at Hubble and Hudsen.
I sat down to blog and drink my hot cocoa and then I got the munchies.  I ate lots of Whole Wheat Cinnamon UTZ pretzels (amazing), and about 4 barkin dogs (those things are addicting).  I actually wanted to keep stuffing my face with the barkin dogs, but I know I have had enough sweets so I am going to try not to snack until dinner!  I am making something yummy with the leftover turkey.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment