Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Repetitive but Good!!!

I don't know if you ever get in a routine with food?  I go in phases with food-especially breakfast (and at the moment lunch apparently)!  I find something I like and I have to have it almost everyday for about a month.  Then one day I look at it and think I have to stop eating this right now..LOL!  I have gone through phases like: pancakes, oatmeal, smoothies, toast and peanut butter (actually all of these things I eat have peanut butter on them).  Peanut butter shows up in one of my meals almost every day!  Lately, I have been having My Favorite Smoothie for breakfast and a big ol' salad for lunch!  This week that changed because I have been working on the leftover pancakes from this weekend.  I didn't want to bore you with leftover food posts but I changed my mind and think I will bore you anyways!  Here is my breakfast and lunch from yesterday (I ate the exact same thing two days in a row)!
 Christmas Pancakes with peanut butter, mini dark chocolate chips, a couple white chocolate chips, and touch of syrup!  They are like dessert:)

In the mix:  green leaf lettuce, baked beans, sauteed squash, grapes, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, croutons, and a little ranch and honey mustard (only need a little because the baked beans give it such a good flavor)!
I am contemplating making myself a nice mug on my Mom's hot cocoa (the recipe will be posted soon!).  I must also mention that yesterday I made some awesome soup on the spur of the moment for my sick husband. 

 Green Chile Chicken Soup

I had some leftover green chile sauce in my fridge and I decided to make him some green chile chicken soup!  I was super excited because I thought of it and it used ingredients that I already had on hand.  It has green chile sauce, chicken broth (I use bouillon cubes), 1 can corn, a few canned tomatoes, frozen potatoes, shredded chicken, onion flakes, and a touch of cream cheese to mellow out the heat!  He loved it!!!!!!  I am sad to say I could not eat it because it has corn and that upsets my stomach :(  But I did taste it and it was YUMMY.  If you decide to make the green chile sauce, it makes a lot so you have to try this recipe:

Green Chile Chicken Soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 can corn, drained
1/2 can petite diced tomatoes
3/4 cup frozen cube potatoes 
1 cup shredded cooked chicken (could use canned-I used my crock pot chicken)
1 Tbsp. onion flakes (optional)
2 oz cream cheese
shredded cheese for topping!

Combine all ingredients except cream cheese and shredded cheese in a big saucepan over medium heat.  Heat to a boil and then lower temp. and simmer for about 20 minutes.  Add the cream cheese and stir well until dissolved (about 5 minutes).
 
Scoop into a bowl and top with cheese!  This soup would be great with a warm tortilla on the side.  Hope you enjoy it as much as Cliff did:)  Hopefully I will be back to post some dinner tonight-if I find something awesome to eat that is!!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment