Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Tree Fail

We went to Home Depot tonight to get a Christmas Tree.  Let me tell you I was very excited.  We usually don't get one this early but since my parents get here tomorrow I wanted to have our tree and the presents I have for them under it.  Unfortunately, the tree section was closed :(  I was pretty sad...we decided to go back tomorrow with Ben and Danielle and get a tree.  They are going to help us-they don't usually put one up because they have dogs.  I hope we can get an awesome tree tomorrow.  

This morning we went to church and it was really good.  We are still in Romans 8 which is an awesome book of the Bible.  When we got home I had a squash, asparagus, and cheese quesidilla...it was quiet delicious.  Cliff decided he was going to mix our leftover chili and bacon mac together to make some awesome chili-mac.  After he tried it he said they were too good on by themselves and he didn't like it as much as he thought-but it did look tasty.  
 I was pretty excited about this because I got a veggie serving in and used up some ingredients that needed to get used!
 The asparagus and squash were leftovers so they were already cooked.
 Topped with freshly shredded marble cheddar.
Skilleted to perfection.
We got busy cleaning and putting together Christmas gifts after we ate.  I also ate one of my Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate cookies...I wanted to eat about 5 but thankfully I restrained (because I knew I would want more at night)!  I went for a walk with Danielle in the afternoon and talked to my G-ma for a while.  I used to live in the same town as her for college but now we live far apart-I miss her a lot.  She is awesome and has a crazy sweet tooth-like me!  I guess that is where I get it.  
We had Ben and Danielle over for dinner and made loaded baked potatoes.  Oh man they were so yummy.
Baked the potatoes for about an hour at 400 (rubbed olive oil and salt on them and stuck them straight on the oven rack).  Flip after 30 minutes.  On top we had butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives, grilled chicken, and a small side of squash.  This was so yummy we decided we are going to need to make it more often!

We went to Home Depot after that to be disappointed.  When we got back we sat around for about an hour trying to decide if we wanted to watch a movie.  We ended up choosing GI Joe but did not finish it.  Danielle and Ben have to get up at like 1am because they own a bread route.  I also happened to eat a giant cookie and drink some hot cocoa (Danielle brought chocolate mint candy canes over so we stirred them into our hot cocoa).  Since I had a lot of energy I did some laundry and cleaned.  I don't know why but I tend to get energy at night to do weird things like clean.  Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment