Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

More Catch Up-Thursday and Friday

There were not very many people for our last women's Bible Study-so I had a lot of bars leftover.  It worked out good because I gave them away to my workers and Cliff ate a lot of them.  I ate a Strawberry Bar before I headed to study.  Got a McDonald's coffee on my way there (I LOVE their coffee-there black coffee is so good but if I go in the afternoon I get a plain latte with sugar in case their coffee is not fresh late in the day).  Anyways, the coffee did not disappoint.  I had a cinnamon strusel muffin, blueberries, and trail mix when I got there.  We had a lot of fun chatting.  This is the only picture I got:
LOL I love cheap coffee!  In college I went to the gas station almost everyday (many times twice a day) to get their coffee.  I almost prefer it to Starbucks and it's so much cheaper.
I came home and had a quick salad with another strawberry bar.  Then off to work.  After work we had Date Night on a Dollar with our church.  We went with Ben and Danielle and it was fun.  They had cinnamon kettle corn and soda.  We watched a funny episode of King of Queens (the one where she is supposed to take a cake to the Church bake sale).  Then we talked about communication-the people who ran it were really funny and nice.  We also had My Favorite Smoothie (that I made ahead of time and Cliff brought) because I knew we weren't going to have time to make dinner.
After we got home from Dollar Date Night, I made Frito-Corn Salad (can you see how busy I have been?).  Cliff had a pot-luck party for work on Friday and he needed to bring a starch.  This corn salad is deceivingly good-the first time I tried it I was skeptical but trust me it is good.  It is great for a pot-luck because you don't have to keep it warm.  
 That is Chili Fritos on top:)
 They finished almost all of it!
 
Frito Corn Salad
3 cans yellow kernel corn, drained
¼  to ½ cup to taste chopped green onions (the skinny long ones)
½ to ¾ cup mayonnaise-just get it creamy
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ bag chili cheese flavor Frito corn chips (10 oz bag)

Mix everything together except the Fritos.  Refrigerate 1 hour or more and add crushed Fritos when ready to serve.  **This is really good, I underestimated how yummy it would be.

***********

Friday morning I went to Body Pump-I woke up way before and contemplated life.  Then rode my bike in the cold.  I thought I was warm enough after the class to wear my shorts-NO why did I do that?  It was so stinking cold I felt like my legs were going to stop peddling and fall off.  It seriously amused me though so at least I got a laugh.  I had a cinnamon raisin english muffin with peanut butter and a glass of milk for B-fast.  It did not hold me over well.  I had to go to the chiropractor and then the grocery store (bad idea-do not shop when you are hungry).  It always takes me a long time to shop when I am hungry because all the side and center food isles catch my eye.  It was hard not to buy all the yummy holiday treats but I held off because I knew I would be making lots over the next few days.  I wanted Quizno's, but I did not have enough time to go there so I SETTLED for Subway which was right next to the grocery store (Sorry Dad)!  It was pretty good but did not sit well with me.  I got turkey toasted with lots of veggies and ranch.  Had a yummy tangerine with it (got them on sale at the store).   
Slightly boring.
For dinner we made home-made chili.  Cliff did most of the work.  We always use a really good recipe we got off the bean can a few years ago.  Bush's Big Game Chili.
 With a side of skilleted biscuits (we are almost done with them)!
 Here it is simmering.
Warm and delicious.
We ate this and caught up on some of our shows.  Cliff brought a leftover fruit dessert treat from his pot-luck so we shared that and I had hot cocoa.  It was good-it reminded me of fruit pizza!  Guess that is it for Friday.  Hope you had a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment