Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Best Thanksgiving Leftovers

I just made the most amazing meal with leftover turkey.  This is now my favorite thing to make with leftover turkey.  I have my Aunt Kathy to thank because she gave me the idea.  Her family used to own a Mexican food Restaurant and she is a great cook so trust me on this-you need to make these Turkey Tacos.
It was so yummy.

This is pretty easy to make.  After lunch I made pico de gallo (tomato, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, onion, and garlic-chop them up and add each thing to taste).  I let that sit in the fridge so the flavors could meld before dinner.  When I was ready to make the tacos, I just chopped up the leftover turkey (white meat) in my ninja food processor.  I warmed it in the skillet with a little oil over high heat.  I put a little water in the skillet as it was cooking to keep it moist.  While that was cooking I made guacamole (a little salsa, garlic salt, lime juice, a tiny bit of Worcestershire and mash-I added a little pico de gallo last minute).
 Once the turkey was warm and the water was absorbed I turned off the heat and added pico de gallo. 
Stir that and toast your tortillas and you are almost done!
After the tortillas are warm you just have to assemble.  I just wanted the turkey mixture and guacamole on mine.  Cliff had the mixture with cheese and no guac.  We both loved it and decided this is the best way to use leftover turkey from now on!  
 Mine all rolled up and ready to devour.
Cliff's looks really good also!
After dinner I cleaned up and we watched You Again on Nexflix.  It was kinda funny but I felt like it dragged on.  Either way it was relaxing and fun.  I also had to eat a mixed nut cluster.
I feel like these might be better than my peanut clusters-I did not know that was possible.
I think I am going to catch up on a few blogs and head to bed a little early!  I need to catch up on some sleep.  I am hoping to go for a run on the trail in the morning and make a nice breakfast!  Good night.

Turkey Tacos


1 big piece of leftover white meat turkey (probably about 8-10oz)
2 tsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
1/2 cup pico de gallo (more or less to taste)
2 tortillas
guacamole/sour cream/cheese (optional)


Chop turkey into small pieces (I use my Ninja).  Warm it in the skillet over high heat with oil.  Add about 2 Tbsp. water (to keep meat moist) and taco seasoning.  After about 8-10 minutes, turn off the heat and add the pico de gallo.  Stir your mixture and warm your tortillas.  Put mixture in tortillas and add guacamole, cheese, or sour cream.  Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment