Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving, Family, and Fun

I am so thankful my family came to see us for Thanksgiving.  We had an amazing time.  My Dad, Mom, Brother, and Sister-in-Law (Breanna) got here Monday night.  They live about 13 hours away so we don't get to see them very often.  They left today:(  Anyways, we were pretty busy the whole time they were here.  Tuesday we went to Sam's Club and Kroger to get the ingredients for our cooking.  We got back and Breanna started baking an Italian Cream Cake.  My Mom's Birthday was Wednesday and that is her favorite cake.  
Isn't it a pretty cake?  I can't believe I didn't take more close up pictures.  This was the best Italian Cream Cake ever.  It was super moist and full of pecans and cream cheese frosting:)
Tuesday night we went to Cheddar's.  It was delicious as usual.  I had chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed broccoli, and baby carrots.  We headed over to Waterway Square after that and walked around.  It is lit up and pretty.  We went to Hubble and Hudsen to look around because they have a lot of cool stuff.  I got the best Hot Cocoa ever there.  I think she used dark chocolate syrup and vanilla.  It was rich and creamy and warm!  We had a great evening.  
*******
Wednesday we got up and did a lot of food prep for Thanksgiving.  We have Thanksgiving at my Aunt Kathy's house, and we all bring different food-so there is a lot.  We were in charge of bringing ham, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, green beans, barking dogs, and a veggie tray.  We got to work in the kitchen while the guys went fishing.  Danielle came over to help and we had great girls time!  
 Barkin Dogs:  Ritz cracker with peanut butter dipped in chocolate!  Amazing.
 Deviled Eggs
Add the creamy yolks!
Here is Breanna cooking
 Mom prepping the veggie tray.
After all the food prep, we headed over to my Aunt Kathy's to hang out for my Mom's Birthday.  She had tons of snacks and good food plus we had Italian Cream Cake.  We also played lots of games.
We had coffee and cake together at my Aunt Kathy's house and played lots of games.  It was great fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment