Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pancakes from the Pantry

I woke up pretty early this morning and decided to go to the grocery store before it got too busy.  I usually go during the week, but didn't get my menus done early enough.  The store was great, everything was well stocked because no one was out shopping yet.
When I got home I was ready for breakfast-a breakfast I was looking forward to.  We had pancakes and bacon.  Cliff made the bacon-thanks!  I made Amazing Christmas Pancakes which is a dry mix you make ahead of time.  It makes a big batch to use as gifts or to store for your own use!  I had some stored from a while back so all I had to add was egg, oil, and water.  They are cozy pancakes-slightly dense with a great cinnamon flavor.  I put chocolate chips in some of them!  They are also great as leftovers with peanut butter-pretty much I love these pancakes...and so does Cliff.  I recommend you make them sometime during the holiday season-I will be making some as gifts (see recipe below)!

Here they are on the griddle!
Pancakes, butter, syrup, bacon, grapes, and COFFEE!

This breakfast was delicious.  We ate it pretty late and then I did some cleaning and crafting.  I am making some magnets right now.  I will show pictures soon.  I am working on Christmas gift ideas already because I am going to be making a lot!
I also went for a long run-the weather was beautiful.  I ran 23 minutes, walked 3 minutes, and ran 20 more minutes-then cooled down.  It felt so good to run like that.  Usually I have to stop earlier because my knees bother me but not today!  For dinner, we went to The Goose's Acre (an English Pub), with my Aunt and Uncle.  We all shared an appetizer of Sun-dried Tomato Artichoke Dip-it was so good.  Then my husband and I shared a pizza and dessert which was a brownie with ice cream and toffee pieces.  After dinner we walked around the river walk-they already have Christmas lights and it was really pretty.  It was a fun evening.  We are about to head over to Ben and Danielle's to watch Captain America!!!  I really like that movie.  We get to roll back our clocks tomorrow-I am looking forward to the extra hour of sleep.  
I am making a new recipe for dinner tomorrow that looks amazing-see ya then!

Amazing Christmas Pancakes


PANCAKE MIX:
4 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
5 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

PANCAKES:
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Pancake mix (above)
1-2 cups water

Directions
In a large bowl, combine dry pancake mix ingredients.  This recipe yields 8 cups.  You can store in an airtight container, or divide into 4 airtight containers (I like the jar idea above).  One batch uses 2 cups of pancake mix and it makes about 10 pancakes.

To make pancakes:
Beat 1 egg in a small bowl. Gradually beat in oil. Add 2 cups mix alternately with water; mix well. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a light greased hot griddle on medium-high heat; turn after about 5 minutes (or until bubbles on tops of pancakes start popping).
Cook until second side in browned.  These are dense and I usually like them with peanut butter if eating them leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment