Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Fun of Friday

There is something about Friday that seems to put me in a good mood!  Maybe it is because it is nice to be at the end of a work week.  Also, I use Fridays as my day to catch up on things (because I don't go in to work until the afternoon)!  It was a very busy day yesterday, so I did not get a chance to post.  I did have a yummy salad for lunch.  I like some weird combinations in salad; yesterday's salad had green leaf lettuce, turkey lunch meat, green beans, grapes, tomatoes, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, and croutons.  For dressing I did half ranch and half light honey mustard!  Salads like this help to use up some of the random things taking up room in my fridge.  Plus, it is a good way to get my vegetable servings in for the day.  I had a cup of hot peppermint tea with sugar to warm me up!
For dinner, we went to our friend Ben and Danielle's.  We met them at our Bible Study and they live in our Apartment complex, so it is easy to meet up with them!!  She made a delicious dinner of pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and bacon-wrapped green beans (lol I love green beans so when you wrap them in bacon it makes me very happy)!  I also took over my Oatmeal Scotchies from Wednesday night.  We watched Thor and it was a very relaxing evening.  
This morning I woke up modivated to get things done!  I did my 20 minute pilates (I have it memorized).  Then I made myself a big cup of coffee (black with sugar thank you Kristen)!  I also made my favorite smoothie-recipe below!
 Do you think I have enough to drink???
This smoothie reminds me of the Pat's Peanut Butter Chocolate milkshakes I used to drink in college.  It is so delicious.  I know it is a high calorie smoothie, but it has a lot of nutrients and keeps you full for a long time.  I usually drink half, put it in the freezer and drink the rest an hour later because it is so rich!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  I am off to get things done around our apartment.  If I have time, I will be going to the grocery store also!  Have a great Friday.

My Favorite Smoothie
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 spoonful of blueberry yogurt (optional)
1 Tbsp chocolate carnation instant breakfast
1 heaping tsp. dark chocolate Hershey's Cocoa
1/3 of a frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
4-5 ice cubes
1 giant scoop of peanut butter (I do not measure peanut butter...I know it is more than a serving and I don't care it tastes so good!)
1/4 cup oats

I blend all of the ingredients except peanut butter and oats.  Once the above ingredients are blended, I add peanut butter and oats and blend a little bit longer!  Pour into a cup and enjoy-I got giant smoothie straws at Bed, Bath & Beyond (they are awesome). 

No comments:

Post a Comment