Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Date Night

Friday night is our date night!  We go out to eat every other Friday, and find something free/cheap to do in between!  Last night we decided to try a pizza place called Crust.  It was really good.  We got there and it was so busy, but there were seats available outside so we found a table close to their heaters!  It was a really cool atmosphere.  We ordered a X-large pizza:  half Big Don's Meat and Cheese (Pepperoni, Sausage, Beef, Canadian Bacon, Cheddar & Mozzarella), half Madelyn's Alfredo (Alfredo Sauce, Roasted Chicken, Fresh Spinach, Fresh Mushrooms, Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese)!  
I liked the alfredo one best, but they were both delicious.  Mostly, I had a great time with my husband and really liked sitting outside near the heater.  We walked over to the grocery store nearby afterward and picked up some bacon because it was on sale.  When we got home I made this amazing cookie I have been wanting to try-it did not disappoint!  It is a recipe for one GIANT cookie...I did not expect it to be so big...I originally thought Cliff and I would split it, but we only finished about half.  I got the idea here.  
Doesn't it look amazing?  Here are a few more pictures and I did not have goobers so I used butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, mini chocolate chips, and reese's pieces!
 LOL, to give you an idea of how big it was, this is a medium sized apple!
 Almost as big as a coffee cup!  I did flatten it out a little before I baked it.  I baked it in our toaster oven for about 18 minutes!
Finished cookie the length of a normal-sized banana...LOL...I still think this is funny!  I was running around the apartment giggling, laughing, and jumping around like a little kid because I didn't realized the reality of this GIANT cookie until I made it.

One Giant Cookie:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup Reeses Pieces
1/4 cup mixed baking chips: butterscotch, peanut butter, mini chocolate

1. Preheat oven (used my toaster oven!) to 350 degrees F. and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl whisk the butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Stir in peanut butter then add flour, soda and salt. Mix well, then add the Reeses pieces and baking chips until combined. Scoop onto prepared baking sheet, flattening slightly, and bake for 17-20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk and yourself!
Makes 1 giant serving (or 4 regular size if you wanna share)

Slightly revised from: picky-palate (here pictures really help...check out the link!)

We watched this weeks episodes of The Office and Parks and Rec while we ate our cookie (about 1/4 each)!  It was a fun evening.  We went to bed pretty early because Cliff has been sick all week and needed some rest.

***********

This morning I woke up at 7am.  Layed in bed for a while then decided to go for a walk on the trail.  I walked about 40 minutes then came home and made coffee and oatmeal.  I got my oatmeal idea from KathEats.  I'm going to call it Banana Nut Butterscotch Oatmeal.
 Yummy!  I was very hungry.
 Topped with walnuts, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, and peanut butter!
Banana Nut Butterscotch Oatmeal:
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 banana slices really small
  • 1 small tsp. butter
  • 1 big tsp. flax
  • 1 big tsp. brown sugar
  • 1 big Tbsp. walnuts (toasted in microwave)
  • 1 big scoop peanut butter
  • butterscotch and peanut butter chips
  • pinch salt, dash vanilla
  • cinnamon sugar at the very end!
I  heated my milk, water, and butter.  As it started to get warm I added my oats and bananas and stirred often.  As it started to thicken I turned off the heat and stirred in flax, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla.  Stirred until smooth and creamy then put it in my bowl and topped with remaining toppings.  I did some cinnamon sugar at the last minute.  

The flavor of this oatmeal was great!  I don't think I could eat it every day like Kath LOL-I burned myself out on oatmeal a long time ago so I don't have it as often as I once did!  I will definitely make this again though....next time with a few crushed graham crackers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment