Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Fun With the Family

We have had a good time with the family so far.  I have only cooked a few times and we have gone out the rest.  Thursday I made us all smoothies and I had a peanut butter English muffin to go with it.
 Yummy delicious!
This meal was great.  We had chicken tacos with pico and home made beans.
I am going to post my crock-pot chicken recipe officially because it is so good and really handy when you don't have time to thaw out chicken or bake it.  The beans here are my Vegetarian Refried Beans which are awesome.  Pico is just tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro.  I love it on stuff like this.  Oh ya, and guacamole.  Brent loves guacamole and went on and on about it-he is easy to please!  We really enjoyed our dinner and then sat out on our back porch for a while.  The peanut clusters I made are almost gone because we have all been eating them like crazy.  I think I am going to need to get chocolate from the grocery store tomorrow because Brent might freak out if we run out ha!!  Okay, here's the chicken

Crock-pot Chicken
Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast (I did a little over a pound...you could do more or less..but cook time will vary a little)
1/4 cup water
seasoning of choice:  taco seasoning, garlic salt, fajita seasoning, creole, really you can make it any flavor you want depending on what you are serving it with.  For the tacos I did taco seasoning and that is it.

Place frozen chicken in a crock-pot.  Pour in water and turn heat to high for about 2 1/2-3 hours.  If you did low heat it would take a little longer...about 5 hours.  I always do it on high and put it in about 3 hours before I want it.  I have done low before and it works well if you have work or a busy day.  Once it is cooked through, I shred it with a fork or you can cut it with a knife.  It is moist and delicious. 

I think we are going to go to the rodeo tomorrow!  Tickets are kind of hard to find at the moment but hopefully some will go up for grabs in the morning.  Dawna's B-day is Sunday so hopefully I will get a chance to make a cake tomorrow.  We will see.  Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment