Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Treats

OH...MY...GOSH!  I hardly wanted dinner because I knew I was making these little beauties:
 Rice Krispie (or Corn Flake) Treats collide with peanut butter and chocolate!
 Topped with melted chocolate chips, peanut butter, and M & M's.
 Melt marshmallows with butter in saucepan over medium heat...it is orange because I used marshmallows from Halloween (they were still good but going to expire soon, so that is why I decided to make these treats).
Once marshmallows are smooth, add vanilla and peanut butter.  Stir well and pour over corn flakes.  Press them into the pan and set them aside to cool while you melt the chocolate.  I melted the chocolate chips then stirred peanut butter into the chocolate once it was melted (like peanut clusters)!
 And here ya go!!!
 Peanut Butter Chocolate Treats
3 Tbsp. Butter
1 bag marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (I did a heaping one, big surprise)
5-6 cups corn flakes (or another cereal)
The chocolate coating is optional...but obviously it is my favorite part:
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
Pre-measure your cereal into a lightly greased, large bowl.  Pre-measure your peanut butter.  Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat (watch it closely).  Once it is melted, add marshmallows and stir continuously.  Once the mallows melt completely, take the pan off the heat and stir in the vanilla and peanut butter.  Pour that mixture over your cereal and stir well.  It is kind of hard to stir but just get in there!  Transfer the mixture to a lightly greased cake pan.  Butter the back of a spoon and press the mixture into the pan.  Let it cool (I put it in the fridge for a couple minutes) and start melting your chocolate.  When the chocolate is melted, add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.  Pour chocolate over the cereal bars and smooth out.  I topped mine with mini M & M's because it looks and tastes awesome.  Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes.  Enjoy

Okay, I guess I will talk about my dinner too.  I pulled some frozen pesto out of the freezer so dinner was pretty simple.  I skilleted some veggies while my noodles cooked, then added edamame to the boiling pasta water for the last 4 minutes of cooking.  Drain the noodles, reserving a little of the water so the pesto would be easy to stir.
 This was decent...I will admit the pesto is better fresh, but I still got my veggies and protein in!
 Oh ya, I also added diced tomatoes to the veggies when they were done, and took them off the heat.

Pesto is really easy to make if you have a basil plant (and I do).  It is basically garlic, fresh basil, olive oil, and pine nuts...but there are tons of variations out there.  If you want the recipe leave a comment and I can post mine!  See you in the morning for a yummy breakfast!  Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment