Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Granola Pancakes

I have been wanting to try granola pancakes ever since my friend Amber told me about them.  I found this really good granola on sale a couple weeks ago and it has really put me in the mood for granola (as seen in my many posts about milkshake cereal).  This morning I planned to make scrambled cheesy eggs with sausage and hash browns, but didn't know what to have on the side.  Then I remembered granola pancakes!!  I just used my Kodiak pancake mix and added granola to the batter right before I cooked the pancakes.  We really liked them and they kept me full for a long time.
 Cliff tried to dodge this picture....I was kinda in a hurry because I didn't want it to get cold.
 With butter and pure maple syrup!
This day flew by because after breakfast I went to work.  Work was fun and when I came home we went for a walk.  It is chilly today and we enjoyed our walk.  We are totally old, we ate dinner before 5pm.  I am trying to clear stuff out of our freezer.  What do you do with leftover pulled pork?  I decided to change it up a little by making pulled pork paninis.  They were really good.  I also think pulled pork would be good on nachos (my friend Kristen's idea) or even pizza! 
 With potato chips and pickles!
I was bad-I ate these two (big and a little) plus two more small pieces!  Yikes they are so good it was hard to stop.  My self-control is pretty much out the window when you combine peanut butter, sugar, and chocolate.  It is stormy here tonight and Cliff and I are going to find something to watch on Netflix.  Should be fun-have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment