Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Orzo

Last night I made an amazing side dish...I could have eaten it for my meal.  Have you ever heard of orzo?  It looks similar to rice but it is actually a pasta and I love it (well, last night was the first time that I tried it, but you get the point).  This Garlic Parmesan Orzo recipe is fast and easy.
 Served with crock-pot chicken and green beans.
 This reminded me of a light, creamy mac and cheese.
 Please try this recipe!
Garlic Parmesan Orzo
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (I just used the stuff you put on pizza)
2 Tbsp. grated cheddar
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. parsley/Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste

Cook orzo according to package directions.  When the orzo is almost done, saute garlic in butter until tender.  Drain orzo and add it to the garlic and butter.  Stir in the cheese, milk, and seasonings.  Mix well and heat through.  Enjoy!

Simple as that!  I will be making this again and again.  Sadly, I used all my orzo so it may be a little while.  In the afternoon yesterday I worked on my cards and made chocolate milkshake cereal.  Man I love this stuff.  I have also been hooked on earl grey tea with milk and sugar in the afternoons.
 I suppose I need to post this recipe in the recipe page...I will do that soon.
This morning I woke up feeling pretty groggy.  I am having allergies for the first time in my life and it is not my favorite.  I did pilates (lol I could do it in my sleep I think), then made myself a warm bowl of my instant oatmeal with fresh strawberries.  I went to Walmart to get some household stuff and they had the most amazing smelling strawberries (only $1.78), so I bought more!  I will continue to have my strawberry breakfasts for a while!
As always, there is a glob of peanut butter under those strawberries and that coffee times 2.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment