Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another Reason to Make Orzo

Last night my Garlic Parmesan Orzo leftovers were so delicious.  I re-heated it in a saucepan with leftover green beans and the last of the Philly Chicken mixture.  Added a little milk and brought it up to a simmer.
I topped it with a little cheddar and it was like loaded chicken and veggie mac and cheese.
This morning I ate the amazing strawberries I bought yesterday on a peanut butter Kodiak pancake.  I love topping it with yogurt because then it doesn't need any syrup (and if I think that, you know it is sweet enough).  I use yoplait light blueberry yogurt mixed with fat-free plain (same amounts of both that probably = 1/4 cup total).
 Aren't those strawberries beautiful?
 A pretty healthy breakfast.  Now on to the smoothie cereal I made today.  I am going to make this my official post so I can put the recipe on my recipe link!
Chocolate Milkshake Cereal
I kind of invented this...one day I didn't want plain milk on my cereal, I wanted it to be similar to a smoothie (which I have seen on blogs before...smoothies in a bowl).  I found this awesome granola at the store and knew it would be perfect with a smoothie type milk.  So, here is how I made it:

Milkshake Cereal
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt
1/2 frozen banana
4-5 ice cubes
dash of cinnamon
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into a bowl and top with granola or cereal.  Enjoy
*Fun add-ins that I have tried:  1 Tbsp (or more) of peanut butter, cocoa powder + chocolate carnation instant breakfast (total of 1 Tbsp combined)
Cliff laughed when I told him about it, saying so you basically had a milkshake with cereal in it.  When he tried it he said, maybe it is like a smoothie but I definitely like to think of it as a milkshake with cereal (It's way more fun).  Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment