Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Pizza + Pizza = Happy Lauren

Yes, we have had pizza 2 meals in a row, and to be honest I could have had it again for lunch.  Last night I made pita pizzas, which are awesome and easy if you want to have a build your own pizza night!
 Take pita bread (I used wheat but both are good), add sauce and your favorite toppings.
 My toppings included:  basil, tomato, red bell pepper, pineapple, Italian seasoning, and mozz. cheese.
 The key is:  put olive oil and garlic salt on the edge of the pita before you add anything.  Bake at 400 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes.  I did ours in the toaster oven so it doesn't take very long...and I broil it for about 2 minutes at the end.  These are a lite way to eat pizza because it is not a heavy crust!
 This morning we had Breakfast Pizza.  Cliff travels a lot and came home early this week...his breakfast request was Breakfast Pizza (very good choice this is one of my favorites).
 I used HEB garlic herb crust (found in pizza isle and it is like Boboli), top with gravy, sausage and bacon.  I do this part while the eggs are cooking.
 I like to add cream cheese and a few peppers when the eggs are almost done.  Don't overcook the eggs because they cook a little in the oven.  I turned off the heat when they looked like this, stirred in the cream chz and peppers, then let them firm up a little more in the pan.
 Here's what it looked like right before I put the eggs on.
 Top with cheese (we used colby and mild cheddar).
 You get this delightful breakfast.  We cut it into 6 slices (they are a good size and plenty filling-even though you are going to want to go back for another slice)!
P.S.  I made the gravy, sausage, and bacon the night before to save a lot of time in the morning.  Click on the link above for the specific recipe!  I went on a run/walk before I made this so I was plenty hungry.  I am about to head to work so gotta run.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment