Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Queso Revelation

I have a husband that LOVES queso.  Okay, I really like it too, but he could eat chips and queso for dinner and that just sounds like a stomach ache to me.  We had some leftover queso from the Super Bowl (I froze it and yes, it does freeze well) and I pulled it out this weekend because I knew we were going to eat it!  I was thinking nachos but for some reason I got the revelation to make mac and cheese with it.  If you haven't noticed, I really like mac and cheese.  I like it all ways:  home made, baked, skillet, out of the box, shells and cheese, you name it.  I don't know why I have never thought to use leftover queso as the cheese for mac and cheese so here it is:
 Cooked some shells and warmed my queso with a little milk in the micro.
 It was super fast, simple, and good.
Yes, I did go back to the pan and scrape all the remains right into my face because it was so good.  I made enough to have leftovers but Cliff and me dominated this meal and had no leftovers..oops!  We both ate peanut butter snickers for dessert and I made some decaf earl grey tea with milk and sugar because it was a cold night!
By the way, we are back home and this is what it looks like!
Cliff told me several times, I really left the house in a mess but I'm going to clean it....LOL.  He built his own computer and spent part of the weekend at home working on it.  He is so excited and this is what it looks like!  His computer is really awesome and I am really proud of him for building it.  Anyways, hope you guys are having a great Monday.  I picked up an extra shift at work so I gotta get going.
Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desires of our hearts.  Isaiah 26:8

No comments:

Post a Comment