Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Turned Out Great

Our Valentine's Day turned out great (other than the fact I got sick-I got worse as the day went on).  I still made our fancy dinner of Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans.  You should have seen the kitchen it was a crazy mess (which I left because we headed to Bible study right after).  The steak was a little tough, but it tasted great and the sides were awesome. 
 My favorite part was the fluffy mashed potatoes and gravy.
Cliff got me flowers:)  And he also gave me one more bag of Dove chocolates.  Dark chocolate was the final and most appreciated variety!!
Start with meat (I would use minute steaks if you can find them).
 Dip them in seasoned flour, then egg wash (egg and milk), then back into the seasoned flour and let them sit as you heat your oil.
 Then you are ready to fry.
 Oh so delicious.  I like to use Great American Land and Cattle Steak seasoning on them.
 Fluffy garlic mashed potatoes.
Tada I was done at this point and feeling pretty happy!
I have been meaning to make turtle brownies for a while now.  Finally, I had a place to take them so I made a batch yesterday to take to our Small Group Bible Study.  They were really good.  I followed this recipe (but used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate brownies-and used apple sauce for part of the oil).   These are very sweet and rich I ate another couple today with peanut butter on top and I like them better that way. 
 Bake half the brownie batter for about 15 minutes then top with melted caramels.
 Top with chocolate chips and pecans.
 I also cut up a Hershey bar for the top.
 Then top with the rest of the batter and top with more yummy stuff!
So very delicious and sweet!
I am taking it easy today because I feel sick.  I am achy and congested but the day of rest should help me to feel a lot better!  Hope everyone is having a great day and hope you had an awesome V-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment