Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

High Cholesterol

Would you believe me if I told you I had high cholesterol?  I found out Saturday, and it is messing with my mind.  I think there may need to be more healthy in my life than at times.  It is mostly hereditary but there are a few things I can do to help myself out like eat oatmeal more often and cut back on some of the high fat dairy/cheeses I so often eat.  Meat typically has cholesterol as well as fried food.  Good news is peanut butter does not have cholesterol so I am safe there (bad news is ice cream has stupid cholesterol)!!  Oh, and happy Monday.  I have decided that this is always going to be my Monday morning cup.

And every morning that feels like a Monday.
Happy Oatmeal Day Lauren, you better get used to it:)
I went to Body Pump which = me being extra happy.  I finally felt a lot better today so it is back to my usual working out.  I mostly just got things done around the house today because last week I was really out of it so I didn't do much.  I also went to the grocery store and berries are on sale so I got strawberries and blackberries (I love them in yogurt and on oatmeal).  I had leftover pizza from our girls night for lunch as well as delicious yogurt and berries.
 I had to take a bite before the picture oops.
 Lovely.
I have had some homemade cream of mushroom soup in my freezer for a long time and it was taking up way too much space.  I finally decided what I was going to do with it (because I did not want it as soup).  I decided to add milk to it and thicken it with a little flour/corn starch.  It did not thicken as much as I wanted, but it tasted great.  Peppers and broccoli were also on sale at the store so I had an awesome medley.
 I put a little oil and about 1/4 cup chicken broth and let these simmer for about 15 minutes.
 Cooked some rotini noodles and topped it with some canned chicken (that I skilleted).
Cream of mushroom sauce on top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
It was a great meal, sorry I don't really have a recipe.  If you have leftover cream of mushroom (the homemade stuff) then you should make this.  Only downside is the heavy cream I put in this soup back in my freedom days lol.  Hope everyone had a great Monday (maybe some of you didn't have to work!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment