Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Fun Game

I thought it was a great game last night!  The game, commercials, and half time show were all good.  We went Shaun and Amber's (where we have our small group Bible Study).  They are great hosts and always make good food.  Shaun made meat queso and buffalo dip wontons.  They also had fresh berries.  I brought sausage corn muffins, salad, and M&M's.  Danielle and Ben brought chocolate fudge cake and ice cream.  So, we had lots of good grub.  
 Jalapeno cheddar sausage placed in corn muffin batter and baked!
 These were good but they were cold by the time we ate them:(  If you make them, make sure you can serve them warm.
 This was an awesome salad (spring mix, tomato, cucumber, avocado, bell pepper, mozzarella, and croutons.  I had to have a healthy option around so I wouldn't make myself sick on junk:)
Sorry for this dark picture.  I went back for more of everything and also had that awesome fudge cake and M&M's!  It was all quite tasty.
I also used my leftover salad from last night to make an awesome veggie pita pocket.  I had one for lunch Sunday also and it is awesome.
 Toast a pita and cut it while it is warm so you can stuff it with good stuff.
I also put sunflower seeds and laughing cow cheese in it.  The rest is just the salad from last night minus the soggy croutons!  If you are looking for new lunch ideas you have to try this.  Pitas are awesome and so functional.
Saturday night we had Ben and Danielle over and I made hamburger helper and green beans.  For dessert I made this Strawberry Whipped Cream Pie.  I don't really have a great name for it but is tastes kind of like yogurt fruit dip in a graham cracker crust (similar to fruit pizza as well).  I like to think of this as a healthy dessert because it has 1 cup of yogurt in it;)
 I used strawberry yogurt and served fresh sliced strawberries on top!
Strawberry Whipped Pie
12 oz cream cheese (I used reduced fat and it is a block and a half), softened
1 cup fruit yogurt of your choice (I used yoplait light and used 1.5 small cartons)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
4oz cool whip (1/2 of a small tub)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
Beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Add yogurt and powdered sugar and beat until smooth adding lemon juice and vanilla for the last few seconds.  Fold in whipped cream and pour into graham cracker crust.  Let it refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  Enjoy with fresh fruit.
 These are our Sunday morning pancakes!
 Mom's recipe again!
I love these and thankfully I have leftovers so I ate them again today and will probably eat them tomorrow!
Hope everyone is off to a great Monday.  I have some serious house cleaning to do because I will be gone all week house sitting for my Aunt.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment