Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We love because He first loved us.  1 John 4:19
I like Valentine's Day!  I know it can get a little out of hand, but I like to keep it simple and enjoy a few extra thoughtful gestures for the day.  I requested Dove chocolates this year...usually I like a box of chocolates, but this year I just wanted good ol' Dove (and their lovely notes wrapping each chocolate).  
 He keeps busting these out one at a time and got me an awesome card!  Keeping it simple.
 We also had an awesome V-day breakfast (Cliff travels a lot but gets to work from home when he isn't traveling).
 Honey wheat bagels grilled on panini press, egg, bacon, and provolone.
Cliff just built a computer and I really didn't know what to get him so I am going to make his favorite dinner.  I also worked on a memories book that we have had since we were dating!  I get more pictures in the mail for that today.  In a little while I am going to make turtle brownies for tonight (because we have Bible Study)!  Other than that I do not have a lot planned.  I worked two shifts at work yesterday so I kept our meals simple.  For lunch we had salad with eggs, tomato, cheddar, bell pepper, croutons and beans on the side.
 Tossed in ranch and Italian.
For dinner we got a Monday night deal at Papa Johns (Large any way you want it for $8.99).
It was so awesome we are going to do it next Monday too!  We had bacon, Canadian bacon, Italian sausage, tomato, bell pepper, and pineapple.  Oh man, we only have 3 pieces left so we will have to fight for the leftovers.  Good thing we get to do it again in a week.  Just a note about the New Years Resolution:  If you have noticed (or maybe not), I have been eating more meat lately.  I tried to eat meat no more than 5 times a week as a New Years Resolution, but I felt hungry all the time.  I really didn't feel good, so after about 6 weeks of trying it, I have decided to eat meat like normal again.  I am really happy I tried it (and I have some great meatless recipes now), but can't keep it up!  Not that it is a big deal, but just thought I would let ya know.  Also, there are a few of those resolutions I need to really get going on-especially the nutritional challenges each week!  I think I shall start that next week:)  Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment