Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Soup When You Are Sick

I am still sick and just a little out of it.  Yesterday I just rested and did not do much.  Today, I went to Women's Bible Study, but my mind just feels cloudy, so I will keep this short.  Does anyone make soup when you are sick?  I always do, and usually it is chicken noodle.  Yesterday, I was not in the mood for chicken noodle, so I decided to try something new and Cliff was nice enough to go to the store for me.  I made Minestrone kind of.  It was super delicious and the recipe will be at the end of this post.  Hard to believe it's already Thursday.  I think I am going to go for a walk to get some fresh air, and then maybe take a nap because I did not sleep good last night.  Hope everyone is having a great day.

This was so delicious:)
Minestrone Soup
3/4 pound Italian sausage
3 carrots, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced or garlic powder
1 large squash, chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas (or more if you desire, you could use any veggies really)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used 26.5 oz can)
3-4 cups water
1 beef bouillon cube
italian seasoning
pepper and salt (but you probably won't need salt)
1 cup noodles (we used mini penne noodles)

Brown your sausage, then add your carrot, onion, and bell pepper.  Stir and cook until veggies are tender.  Add your garlic for a couple minutes, then pour in your sauce and water (I ended up just using my spaghetti sauce can to add water and used about a can and a half of water).  When it comes to a boil, add your squash and peas, seasonings and bouillon cube.  Let that cook for about 10 minutes, then add your noodles and cook until your noodles are tender (took about 12 minutes).  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy with garlic toast.  Hope you like this as much as we did.

I had a little ice cream right out of the pint (I don't know about you but I crave sugar when I am sick, which is probably the opposite of what I should be giving my body, but oh well).  I also just shoveled a bunch of turtle brownies down my face when I finished lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment