Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

What a trip.  Friday we left Amarillo and headed to Austin to spend New Years with Cliff's Aunt and Uncle.  It was a lot of fun.  We left Friday morning, so naturally we had to stop at Burrito Ricos to get an authentic breakfast burrito!!!  It was amazing

 Huge, practically the size of Cliffs face (he told me not to take this pic lol).
 Oh man...
Bean, egg, potato, and cheese.  I saved about 1/3 of this burrito to have as a "snack" later.  I wish we could find these in Houston.
Our road trip involved me reading A LOT of Reader's Digest out loud!  Ha, for some reason we find the articles really entertaining on road trips.  I also read a few articles in my Health magazine for motivation to be healthy.  His Aunt and Uncle made us chicken spaghetti and salad!
 It was really good and I was happy because it has lots of veggies!
We spent New Year's Eve Day in downtown Austin.  We went to the Capitol and then watched Mission Impossible at the IMAX.  It was awesome.
 Cliff, Joyce, and Jody made these pictures;)
It is really cool inside...way to go Texas!
We got home Sunday night and we spent time with my family (my Grandma is in town and I really wanted to see her).  We also had friends over for breakfast Monday, and went to dinner with Ben and Danielle Monday night.  So, I have been a busy girl.  I have to mention the b-fast we had Monday because it was fun and easy.  I made an oatmeal buffet of sorts:

Coaches Oats, dried cranberries, raisins, crushed graham crackers, toasted coconut, walnuts, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, peanut butter, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon sugar, chocolate chips, milk.  Yes it was amazing and I recommend it to everyone.
Also, unseen we had bacon and cinnamon toast!  This is one of my favorite b-fast meals of all time!
I went to the grocery store, so I have a lot of food to make in the coming week.  I am excited to try some new healthy recipes.  After all my travel I have really felt the need to take in some healthy food.  I ate a lot over the break.  It was fun but it is also hard for me mentally when my eating habits are not very balanced (healthy mixed with unhealthy-my travels were mostly unhealthy/overeating).  It happens, which is why I am hoping to get back to a few healthy habits!  Today I had a repeat of the oatmeal you see above.  I made an omelet for lunch.
Spinach, tomato, cheese on toasty Rye bread (Thanks Ben and Danielle).  This was a really good combo-back to my eggs for lunch!
By the way, we got home Sunday night to an awesomely huge stash of bread goods under our tree.  Rye bread, potato bread, bagel thins, cinn. raisin bagels, boboli crust, and sweets.  Wholly molly, our friends keep us well stocked and thanks again:)  Now, I need to fill you in on some of my New Year's Goals.  I really try to make goals that are attainable because I learned long ago that it is easy to break them.  So, the list is long, but I expect to follow through on them!
  • Give nutritional breakdown at least 2 days a week on this blog.
  • Do a healthy goal weekly on the blog.
  • Give a lesson/encouraging note from the Bible at least once a week on blog.
  • Learn about the vegetarian lifestyle and cut back meat consumption to 5 times a week.
  • Find a job suited to my skills and desires.
  • Write B-day cards to people.
  • Sew a t-shirt quilt.
  • Write encouraging notes to people.
  • Have at least 5 minutes of reflective, quiet time each day.
  • Start using/finding coupons.
Hope everyone is off to a great New Year.  Sorry I have been missing in action, but I am hoping to be a little more consistent now that I'm back home!  Talk to you tomorrow:)

1 comment: