Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rainy Day

I woke up and went for a run this morning before it got rainy.  It was 58 degrees outside and really nice.  I needed a good run because I woke up feeling anxious for no real reason.  I felt better after my run and made a refreshing smoothie (my favorite smoothie) afterward.  I also had a repeat of the huge coffee you saw yesterday.  I am pumped because our good friends Kourt and Keith are coming to town tomorrow!  That means we get to hang out and I get to cook and it will be fun.  It is going to be Keith's B-day so we are making him chicken and dumplings and apple cake.  Anyways, last week I made potato soup for my Aunt and saved a little for Cliff and me so here's that:
It was so delicious and I pulled Lion House Dinner rolls out of the freezer.
This is a really easy crock-pot meal and I have made it often.  I recommend cutting the potatoes different sizes because it gives it a good texture (some thickness and chunks).  I used a few red potatoes this time also and it was great.  Other than this I haven't really made anything the past few days.  I have been working on leftovers.  Danielle was nice enough to bring me some roast, potatoes, and carrots which was my dinner!  I am pretty pooped so I'm headed to take a shower and go to bed.  Good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment