Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Job Hunting

I am not a fan of job hunting.  I am trying to be patient and mindful with my current search which does not come easy for me.  If you don't already know, I like being on the go!  I like being active and I like working...but it has been hard for me to find work that I truly enjoy.  Anyways, I have not been hunting long, so I just need to buckle down and enjoy some down time:)  You would think with all this time that I would be cooking up amazing things.  Truth is, Cliff is out of town and I have been trying to eat up my leftovers!  Yesterday my food was pretty boring-green monster, leftover nachos, and then this yummy snack you see here:)
This was my afternoon pick-me-up!
Dinner: I know, weird but it is what I was craving.  It is my homemade instant oatmeal (recipe is perfected and I am happy)!  I went to work from 6-10pm and snacked on some awesome cranberry chocolate trail mix on my way home:)
This morning I went to Pilates (the Pilates I am used to is really hard-but this was basically yoga..it was nice to relax and stretch).  My body needed it after body pump yesterday!  I was craving eggs when I got home
1 egg, 1 egg white, whipped with milk and into the skillet.
Flip and fold and place on bread.
These are awesome bagel thins from Ben and Danielle.  I put a little jelly on there too!
Yummy:)  Next time I will use real cheese (not the american slices-I think the real stuff is better on eggs)
I also just got through eating the best smoothie ever!  I have been on a green monster kick, but this was the best one yet:)
 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt, about as much spinach as you see here, 2 tsp. dark cocoa powder, 1 tsp carnation, 2 tsp flax, 5 ice cubes, 3/4 frozen banana, 5 frozen strawberries.  At the end add 2 rounded Tbsp. of peanut butter and 2 Tbsp. oats.  Oh man this was SO good.
 I could have drank another (but that would make me way too full).
Went for a walk with Danielle and check it out.  It flooded in some parts of Houston yesterday.  This is usually a small creek, but there are a lot of drainage systems that go into it!
I'm off to apply for some jobs!  Hope everybody is having a great day:)  Here is some encouragement for the day:
Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment