Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas Merry Christmas

The past few days feel a little blurry.  Christmas Eve morning, Cliff's Uncle Curtis had us over for breakfast!  He is a bachelor so he made us a hearty, country boy breakfast and really good coffee:) 
 Thick, stick to your ribs gravy.  Cheesy eggs (I made those), bacon, sausage, and hash browns!
I was plenty full after eating this breakfast.
During the day we kind of prepped for Christmas and got things ready for dinner.  We went to the Christmas Eve Candlelight service at their church then headed to Grammer's for Potato Soup and grilled ham and cheese.
I made the potato soup (recipe below), and the grilled ham and cheese was tasty!
His Uncle Jody (who is out of town), sent this awesome fruit bouquet!  I had a couple pieces of this too!
Christmas morning we woke up to stockings and presents.  His parents spoiled us this year.  I was completely surprised when I opened up a sewing machine!  I have been wanting one for a long time and now that we have room in our apartment I was considering getting one.  I couldn't believe they got me one.  They got Cliff a lot of business clothes-and he was very happy:)

 Aren't these cute little stockings!  I got some great perfume in here:)
 Sewing machine:)
Their cute Christmas tree!
Cliff's Dad made a big breakfast of pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, and banana bread!  It was so delicious.
 Can I just say I ate way to much today and have a big ol' stomach ache!  Yikes, but all the food they had was really good.
Brent's Dad made chocolate chip cookies and put peanut butter M&M's in them while they were still warm.
We went to Brent's sisters house and they had a huge spread!  I ate lots of green bean casserole, potato casserole, wheat thins, ham, and 2 huge pieces of cinnamon chocolate cake (oh my gosh this cake was so so good).  

This was the cake that took me down LOL!  I could not stop eating it!
It also snowed all day so we had a white Christmas.  We went to his Grammer's for enchilada's in the evening!  Not that we needed more food, but we ate anyway:)
Today's Cliff's Birthday!  We are headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast with friends (though I probably have eaten enough for the whole week already).  We may go to a movie but we aren't sure.  Hopefully my stomach will get better as the day goes on, but I think I have been on food overload for too many days in a row!  Hope everybody had a great Christmas:)

Potato Soup  
(Can be made in crock-pot or on stove)
6 large potatoes, cubed
1 chopped onion
3-4 stalks celery
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 T. parsley flakes
5 cups water  
Salt and pepper to taste
5 Tbsp. butter
1 regular size can evaporated milk
Saute onions and celery in butter (optional).  Put all ingredients in a slow cooker except for the evaporated milk.  Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours (high 3 to 4 hours).  Stir in evaporated milk during last hour.
*We like to put bacon and cheese on top and serve with tortillas or homemade rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment