Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

House Sitting

Well, I have been house/animal sitting for the past few nights!  My aunts dogs are sweet.  Last night I made a really good steamer bag!  I don't buy them because I feel like they are expensive, but last night changed my mind because I feel like it is worth it for dinner in a hurry!
 Sauteed some squash, baby tomatoes, and sunflower seeds while the bag was in the microwave (I put the tomatoes in last minute and turned off the heat so they wouldn't get too mushy).
Combined the steamer bag and squash mixture!  The steamer bag was buttery rice and vegetables and it was so delicious.  I am already craving another one.  I ate the whole bag (which was 1.5 servings), but since there was no meat I needed it!
 Cliff baked chocolate chip cookies (remember that pb & nutella mixture from my stuffed cookies?), I used some of the leftovers to put on top of my cookie and it was so good I had another just like it!
 This morning I went for a very short run (it was cold), and had cinnamon raisin swirl toast with pb, stuffed cookie mixture, and butter.  Think I have enough variety?
I may need to repeat this breakfast tomorrow, it hit the spot.
Can't believe it is already Wednesday.  Hope everyone is having a great week.  I read this verse yesterday:
Is any one of you in trouble?  He should pray.  Is anyone happy?  Let him sing songs of praise.  Is any one of you sick?  He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.  If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.  Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
James 5:13-16
I think it is so important to pray and be around other believers.  We need to be able to share our problems, sins, and struggles or it is hard to find healing.  If you have never read the book of James, I recommend you read it.  It is only 5 chapters and covers so many great areas of life. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that sweet reminder to turn to prayer not when all else fails .. but because all else will fail.

    ReplyDelete