Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pump It

I was so happy I went to the 6:45am Body Pump class this morning.  I was thinking it would be really hard to get out of bed (since I have been on a break), but it wasn't bad.  The class was fun.  Came home and wondered around my kitchen trying to figure out what to eat.  Finally, I decided on My Favorite Smoothie.  I knew I would be eating a late lunch with friends so I needed something that would keep me super full (but I did not like feeling cold after I finished it :/).
Milk, yogurt, cocoa powder and carnation chocolate, banana, strawberries, ice, peanut butter, oats.  Good stuff and I did not get hungry until about 12:30pm.
I spent most of the day with Danielle and Amber (remember my cookie-making buddies).  We went for a 50 minute walk on the trail then headed to Panera for lunch.  I even remembered to take a picture yipee.
Delicious!  Tomato & Mozzarella panini with vegetable soup.  I forgot they give you bread too (I saved it for dinner because I was pretty full).  BTW, you should see how many times you can spot my pink nalgene in pictures because it is a lot.
After lunch we watched One Night With the King about Esther in the Bible.  It was pretty good-but it was not completely accurate-we still had fun!  The rest of the day I ran a few errands and started putting away the tree.  It is pretty dry at this point so I am going to have to clean up a lot of needles!  I ate an early dinner of delicious leftovers.  Have I ever mentioned how much I like leftovers?  Cliff and me go to restaurants that give huge portions so we will have leftovers!!!  We went to Olive Garden earlier in the week and Cliff is traveling for work, so I got his leftovers.  Of coarse I added a few things to it to pump up the nutritional value.
 In the skillet I threw in some zucchini with olive oil and sauteed it until it started to soften a little.  I turned off the heat, added a little more olive oil, tomatoes, and fresh spinach.  In the meantime, I heated Cliffs leftovers: some sort of lasagna chicken Alfredo dish-delicious.
 It originally had spinach so I got lots of yummy spinach.  There is my leftover bread from lunch:)
Once again, leftovers jazzed up to beauty.  I did a little blogging after dinner and grabbed a giant peanut cluster to eat on the way to church.  We have prayer meeting on Wednesdays...I don't get to go very often because of my schedule, but tonight I was free.  It was a great service as usual and we prayed about Jeremiah 33:3.  
"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
This is a beautiful, comforting verse.  I am learning about listening to God-I am "good" at talking to God, but He wants to tell me great and unsearchable things and often I don't take time to listen.  What does that mean?  Take time and listen...you may think that sounds crazy or hard.  It can be hard, but I think it means trying to quiet our minds and asking God to talk to us and help us to listen.  I heard in a sermon not to over think it.  If something comes into your mind while you are focusing on God, then try to focus on it and God will make it more clear.  Let me also say this, don't feel pressured.  Maybe there will be silence (that is ok to have silence in the presence of the Lord), maybe you will feel comfort, maybe He will lead you in a certain area.  Who am I to say how God is going to speak to you but he will answer us and tell us great and unsearchable things we do not know when we call to Him.  If you ever have questions about it let me know! 
*******
Okay, one of my goals this year is to give a nutritional breakdown a couple times a week.  When I say nutritional breakdown, I mean mostly over-viewing the food-groups. 

Breakfast:
  • 1 serving of dairy (milk/yogurt)
  • 1.25 servings of fruit (3/4 cup strawberries + 1/2 banana)
  • 3 oz protein (3 Tbsp. peanut butter)
  • 1/2 serving grains (1/4 cup oats)
  • 50 empty calories (carnation instant b-fast and sugar in coffee)
I found this helpful to find out what some foods qualify as.  I got a degree in Family and Consumer Science, so I have a lot of background in nutrition.  I try to follow the food pyramid mostly, but that has changed to myplate.  So, here is a cool link to help you figure out what foods count in what food group.  Hope everyone has a great day...it is almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment