Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

You Have to Try This

We did a lot of fun things today, but first I have to tell you that our dinner was AWESOME!  I had an invention (yes, I thought of this all by myself).  Last weekend we had spaghetti and meatballs and I could not bring myself to eat it as leftovers all week.  Don't get me wrong, it was really good, but I was not in the mood.  I am not one to waste food, so all week that sauce was on my mind because I knew I needed to use it.  I came up with a winner tonight.  I think I should call it Pizza Pasta.  Cliff and I just kept saying how good it was as we ate, and I can't wait to make it again.
 I have no words
 Bowtie pasta, spinach, fresh basil, tomato, pepperoni, leftover sauce, olive oil.
 Cook pasta and throw fresh spinach and basil in, with pepperoni (cut in half), olive oil, and garlic salt.
 Place that in a greased loaf pan and top with tomatoes.
 Layer spaghetti and meatball sauce, then mozzarella and colby cheese.
 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes (I broiled it at the end for 2 minutes).
 Dinner for two.
Pizza Pasta
1.5 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
1/5-2 cups spaghetti and meatball sauce
1 cup fresh spinach
Small handful fresh basil (optional but sure is good)
12 pepperonis
1 roma tomato
2/3 cup cheese (mozzarella and colby shredded)
Olive oil and garlic salt to taste

Preheat oven to 400.  Cook pasta according to package directions (you want to leave it al dente).  Chop tomatoes and rip spinach while pasta is cooking.  Drain pasta, and put it back in the pan with the spinach, basil, pepperonis, olive oil, and garlic salt.  Transfer to your greased loaf pan and top with chopped tomatoes.  Next add the spaghetti sauce and cheese and put in the oven for 15 minutes.  For the last 2 minutes, turn oven to broil and watch closely until your cheese is slightly browned.  Serve with veggies.
 Blondie heated with homemade vanilla and strawberry ice cream!  2 peanut clusters jumped into my mouth after this-I could not stop them:)
We ended up watching Office Space after dinner!  It was hilarious (if you can overlook the cussing and such).  I feel like anyone who works can relate to that movie in some way.  We spent the day roaming around Downtown Houston.  Mostly everything was closed in the business area.  We weren't expecting that, so we just had to roll with it.  We ate at Potbelly for lunch which was delicious (I got a vegetarian).  Then we went to Central Market which is a trendy grocery store (that seems to have a health food flare)!  I found buckwheat grouts which I have been looking for so I hope to make those for breakfast at some point this week.  Also we got to sample Biscoff, which I have heard so many good things about.  It is amazing (but I was not willing to spend $6 on a small jar), so we passed.  Last we went to Fry's which is a really cool store (Cliffs new favorite).  Cliff is going to build a computer so we were scouting out supplies.  His day was very happy after a trip there.  Anyways, now we are just relaxing (I'm blogging and Cliff is taking apart his computer working on his computer. 
Also, I had to show you my breakfast!  Oh the melty peanut butter is making my mouth water.  That's all folks-good night!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren this looks so yummy. I can't wait to try this and your tater tot casserole. I am thinking about making tater tot casserole for super bowl sunday... !!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so!! Good idea to make the tater tot casserole for Super Bowl it is really good.

    ReplyDelete