Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cinnamon French Toast

If you remember a few weeks ago we had an amazing breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  We had cinnamon roll french toast, and I have wanted it ever since.  I tried to replicate it this morning and it turned out really good (if we would have had cinnamon swirl bread it would have been right on).  We used potato bread and it was delicious.
 I ended up using 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and cinnamon.  Wisk together and get bread ready to dip.  You have to work kind of fast.  I dip my bread on both sides and quickly move it to a hot, buttered skillet.  I used 1 Tbsp. butter on my skillet to make it extra tasty.
 On the left is a cinnamon roll glaze I made:  2 Tbsp. cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and a little milk.  Wisk that together and you can top your french toast with it at the end.
 Yummy, we had bacon, blackberries, raspberries and french toast!
I even put extra butter;)  What can I say, I wanted it to be like Cracker Barrel.  It was great and I really liked the glaze on the top!  We had French Vanilla Dunkin Donuts coffee with it. 
Cliff and I are headed to run some errands!  I hope everybody has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment