Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baking Up a Storm

I had to look at my pictures to remember what all I have done this week.  It has been a really busy week and it is finally slowing down.  I am going to spare you details of my meals this week.  I have been eating on the run and finishing leftovers.  However, you are in for a treat because I have made a lot of Christmas goodies-that is why I have not had time to blog;)
 We will start with this awesome Chex PB & Chocolate Blast!
 This stuff is STUPID GOOD!  I love it.
 Chex, white chocolate, peanut butter chips, m &m's, peanuts and pretzels.  The recipe is here.
Great for goodie bags which is why I made it.  Be careful though because once you taste it you want to eat it alllllllllll!  I am eating it as I type YIKES.  I made this a couple of days ago and I hope it lasts long enough to take to Cliff's family!







Today Danielle and me went to our friend Amber's house for a cookie decorating extravaganza.  We had to fuel up before we started so naturally Amber made Toasted Coconut Waffles....Oh man they were good.  She made them with a normal box waffle mix and added toasted coconut to them.  She also said she used butter instead of oil for the batter.  I loved them.
Our spread with coffee-I overdosed on the coffee this morning.

 My waffle in sections: peanut butter, butter, and nutella.  Syrup on all of it and yes I ate the WHOLE thing:)  It was great.  Then we were ready to roll out cookies and bake up a storm.  Check it out:
 Sugar cookies!  We used pipping bags like pros.

 Amber and Danielle-they are masters!
I made gingerbread cookies from scratch (yes the recipe will be at the bottom of the post).  Yep they look good!


I was so excited...I was jumping up and down and the coffee made me feel crazy!  It was a lot of fun...Thanks Amber and Danielle:)

Gingerbread Cookies
*makes about 5 dozen cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup molasses
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
4 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Icing
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk,
1 tsp vanilla

1.  In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.  Add the egg, molasses and vinegar; mix well.  Combine dry ingredidnts; add to creamed mixtue and mix well.  Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.  
2.  On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 in thickness and cut into desired shapes.  Make sure the dough is cold (we kept ours in the freezer in between batches).  Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets (or parchment).  Bate at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until set.  Let cool before frosting. 
3.  For frosting mix butter, powdered sugar, and milk (1 Tbsp. at a time) to desired consistency.  Add vanilla and mix well.  We died our frosting different colors
*you will need to chill this dough for about 3 hours (or overnight) and keep it cold as you roll it out
**Adapted slightly from Taste of Homes




No comments:

Post a Comment