Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oven Baked Tostadas

Here is an easy healthy meal.  It is really affordable too:)  I didn't realize how easy it is to bake your own tostada shells (even tasted better than deep frying them which I tried over the weekend).  We ate tostadas a lot growing up but I have a better appreciation for them now that I like things like veggies and beans! 
 Topped with refried black beans, fajita chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa and avocado.
 For the shells all you do is rub oil on corn tortillas.  Put them in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.  It may take less time than that so keep an eye on them.  Top them with your favorite toppings.
On an exciting note we found racoons on our work site.
 Cute little baby racoons.  I just love them
 Okay, one of them was actually kind of mean
 Help!!  Get me out of this place.  The electricians were picking them up and petting them but all I could think about is the diseases I might get if I touched them.  I am probably paranoid.  It was fun to look at them though
 I wanted a simple meal to cook tonight so I planned to make baked fish (beer battered freezer section fish).  Served with shells and cheese and green beans.  This meal reminds me of home and that makes me smile.  We did enjoy some ice cream cake for dessert which was AWESOME.  Gotta get some stuff done for dinner tomorrow.  Have a great night

No comments:

Post a Comment