Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hanging With Family

We made it to Austin to spend time with Cliff's family.  We are having a good time so far.  There have been a few setbacks-me getting sick and Cliff's parents going home early, but we are making the most of it!  We went downtown yesterday to check out the farmer's market.  There were a lot of cool things there.  This being one of my favorites
I have never seen hair like this on a dog!
Cliff's mom also bought this vegan oatmeal sandwich cookie that was amazing.  Sorry I didn't take a picture of it but I am going to try and re-create it for sure.
We left Friday afternoon and this was my road trip food!
 If you ever need to pack a cold lunch, this is my new favorite!  Hummus, raw zucchini, turkey, cheese and crackers or french bread.  I also had some sweet potato chips on the side.
 When we got to Austin we went to The River City Grille that is right on the river.
 It was a fun place
 His aunt got this massive green chile potato chip crusted chicken breast.  It was the biggest piece of chicken I have ever seen
 Cliff and me split a cheeseburger and loaded green chile potato nachos
 They were spicy and delicious
I made Overnight Breakfast Quiche for breakfast and his aunt had already cut up some awesome fruit.  A great way to start your morning.  I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  I'm not sure what else we have on the list today but I'm sure we will find something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment