Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

One Post At A Time

Let's just say I have made a lot of good food, but have been a very bad blogger.  This week has flown by and my mental ability to form thoughts and sentences has not been top notch.  Every time I have sat down to blog something has gone wrong or distracted me so I am going to do several posts over the weekend weeeeee!  I think I will start with our Tuesday night dinner.  I decided to try arugula.  I'm sure I have tasted it in mixed greens, but never on its own.  I found an easy recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and didn't change much.  We both really liked it
 Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pasta
 This is meatless but I gave Cliff some ground sausage with his and it tasted really good both ways
 Sauteed onion and garlic in olive oil while your noodles are boiling.  When your noodles are almost done add baby tomatoes to your skillet for about 2 minutes
 Stir in arugula** and heat until just wilted.
Top noodles with your mixture, pine nuts, and Parmesan.  This meal takes about 30 minutes start to finish and is light and healthy.
Here is the recipe:  Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pasta (the only thing I changed was the type of cheese used)
**By the way, arugula is kind of a peppery lettuce.  It is really good and kind of surprising when you get a little kick out of each bite.  We have been using the leftovers in caesar salad and it is really good.  Try it if you never have

No comments:

Post a Comment