Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Enjoying the Weekend

Let's start with the new recipe I tried today.  Banana Biscoff Smoothie-need I say more.  Many of you are probably thinking, "What is Biscoff?"  It is high time you learned because it is so good I just want to drink it out of the jar.  It is not healthy in any way whatsoever, so don't get that idea, but it is a delicious treat.  Basically it is cookies that are blended with oil to make this beautiful, creamy, spreadable cookie.  My favorite way to eat it so far is on fruit, but it is also good in oatmeal.  They should pay me to sell this stuff (but they don't!).  It is kind of pricy, but I got lucky and found it at our Wal-Mart for $4.  Okay, on to the smoothie.
 I should have done a close-up, but here it is with our lunch of English Mufffin melts.
In the mix for 2:
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
9 ice cubes
1 large frozen banana
a sprinkle of cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp. of Biscoff
Blend until smooth and enjoy because it pretty much tastes like a milkshake!
 I made Whole Wheat Buttermilk pancakes for breakfast before church this morning.  This is my all-time favorite recipe.  You have got to try this recipe, it is very simple and easy
 I have posted the recipe before as a link but I think it will be easier if I just write it out so you have my variation!  We devoured them:)
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour (sometimes I put a little bran mixed with the flour)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup buttermilk (or 1Tbsp vinegar mixed into 1c milk)
2 Tbsp. cooking oil (I usually use a little less-like 1.5 Tbsp.)
Chocolate chips (optional)

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (sometimes I do a sprinkle of cinnamon if I am in the mood).  Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.  Combine the egg, buttermilk, and oil.  Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.  Stir just until moistened (batter should be a little lumpy).
Lightly grease a griddle or skillet and let it get hot.  I cook mine on med heat.  Use 1/4 cup to scoop out the batter into about 3-4 inch pancakes.  Add chocolate chips now if you are going to!  Flip when the little bubbles start to disappear or you see the edges starting to set.  Enjoy with peanut butter, butter and syrup!
*Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

In other news, we gave away our old bikes today.  It is a little sad because we rode these bikes all over our college town Portales, NM.  Cliff's is a road bike and mine is a very rusty old mountain bike (Wal-Mart special about 8 years ago).  It was kind of sad to let them go
Goodbye Ol' Faithful!
Cliff made breakfast sandwiches Saturday morning!  They were amazing-bacon, egg and cheddar
I made tater tot casserole again.  Love this stuff, especially with a side of green beans
I pulled these amazing peanut butter chocolate rice crispy treats out of the freezer.  There is only one left which means I will be making them again soon
I am off to make calzone!  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment