Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Hollandaise Steak Bruschetta

Happy Monday everyone.  It has been a good day-I got off work in time to go to a kick boxing class.  It was a lot of fun and the instructor was hilarious.  I came home hungry and ready to start some dinner.  A while back Cliff went to a place that served steak bruschetta and he has been talking about it for two weeks.  Since we had a little leftover steak from Friday night I decided to re-create it. 
I love this meal.
 I broiled slices of baguette and then flipped them and topped them with caramelized onion and a steak tomato mixture I had made.
 Put these on a plate and drizzle them with hollandaise
Devour and I'm pretty sure you will want more.  These would make a good appetizer for friends and I really liked having them as a meal
Since the brownies I made for the cake were a new recipe for me (and I had a couple leftover), Cliff and me each had one to see how we liked the recipe.  I believe it is my new go-to recipe for homemade brownies.  They were dark, rich and the texture was awesome.

Hollandaise Steak Bruschetta
1 onion, sliced
1 Tbsp butter
S&P and a touch of sugar for the onion
1 french baguette, cut into 1/3 inch slices
Leftover steak sliced thin (the portion I used was probably the size of 2 decks of cards)
10 baby tomatoes
Hollandaise sauce (I use Knorr's Hollandaise powder to make my sauce)

First caramelize you onion by melting your butter in a skillet over med-low heat.  Add onion slices and stir.  Cover for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  As they start to brown and soften, add a little sugar and salt and pepper.  Stir frequently and leave the lid off for about 5-10 more minutes.  Place the onions onto a plate and turn the heat up on the onion pan.  Leave the onion crust on the pan and add your steak and water to scrape the bottom of the pan to get the onion flavor incorporated into the meat (it's called de-glazing your pan).  Add your tomatoes and let them cook for 1 minute.  Take off the heat and place that mixture on a plate.  Spray a cookie sheet with pam and then lay your baguette pieces flat.  Broil for 1-2 minutes and then take them out to flip.  Once you have flipped them, top them with caramelized onion and your steak tomato mixture.  Put them back in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes more.  Place the bruschetta on a plate and drizzle it with hollandaise.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment