Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Super Easy Pizza

My favorite pizza dough takes a little time to make and usually makes a pretty messy kitchen.  Pizza was on the menu for Friday night, but I didn't end up making my favorite dough the night before.  I looked in my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (I use it a lot), and found a very simple pizza dough that only involves flour, water, yeast, olive oil and garlic salt.  It only takes about 15 minutes to make and 10 minutes to rest and then you can make your pizza, pretty sweet huh?

I did half marinara sauce and half olive oil.
Topped with pepperoni, basil, bell pepper and tomato
I also put artichoke hearts on the olive oil side, and pineapple on the marinara side
It was very good.  The crust wasn't as crispy as we are used to so next time I am going to bake it closer to the bottom of the oven.  When we re-heated the leftovers, the bottom got crispy and delicious.  This is my new go-to crust.  I love how fast it was.  It took me about 15 minutes to mix the ingredients and knead the dough.  I went for a quick run and when I got back the dough was ready to go (the recipe says it only needs to rest 10 minutes).
I like!
I had a bowl of caramel turtle fudge blue bell while Cliff and me watched a movie.

Fast Easy Pizza Dough and Pizza
2 3/4-3 1/2 cup flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Honey
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. salt

In a large mixing bowl mix 1 1/4 cup flour, yeast, warm water (don't over-analyze the temp...just warm water), garlic salt, honey and olive oil.  With a mixer, beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.  Gradually add more flour and stir with a wooden spoon.  When it is not taking more flour, turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 6-8 minutes.  Cover and let rest for 10 minutes to and hour.  

Baking pizza with your dough:
This dough makes one large pizza.  You can also make two medium pizzas that will have thinner crust, or 5-8 mini pizzas.  Whatever floats your boat.  I made one large pizza to save time.  Top with all your favorite toppings and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes. 
Can't believe this weekend is over.  Hope everyone is ready for a new week.  Happy Monday and have a good one!  

 We wait in hope for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name. 
Psalm 33:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment