Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Easy Pepperoni Rolls

Good news!  I have found so many uses for Mom's Refrigerator Rolls.  First of all, they are amazing as dinner rolls.  I made giant rolls the other day for hamburgers.  With the leftover dough I decided to try a few new things, like a Sloppy Joe Braid and Pepperoni Rolls.  Next time I make the dough I may try to make kolaches!  The dough can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.  If you are new to making bread, it is a great recipe to start on. 
 Amazing hamburger braids
 I don't know if I ever posted our amazing burgers, but we really liked them on the homemade buns
 Remember the Sloppy Joe Braid?
 On to the pizza rolls.  I let the dough sit covered on the counter for about 30 minutes.  Then I broke them into 2 inch balls and flattened them out
Top with pepperoni and cheese and stretch dough around.  Pinch the top of the dough and flip it over.
 Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
 Serve with warm pizza sauce
These were an awesome snack for us last Saturday.  I plan to make them as our dinner very soon, they are so good!

Pepperoni Rolls
(This recipe makes 6 pepperoni rolls but you can easily change amounts of this recipe depending on how many you are cooking for)

30 pepperonis
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup marinara sauce

Let your bread dough sit covered on the counter for about 30 minutes.  Rip dough into 6 balls and flatten them on an oiled cookie sheet.  Put 3 pepperoni's on each flattened dough, then top with 1/3 (can use less if you want) cup mozzarella and 2 more pepperoni's.  Pull dough around to the filling and pinch to seal.  Flip it so the seal is on the bottom.  Cover with a light kitchen towel and let rise for about 20 more minutes.  Preheat oven to 350.  Bake rolls for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.  Enjoy with warm marinara.



No comments:

Post a Comment