Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New and Improved Peanut Clusters

You may or may not know I have an addiction to peanut clusters.  In college Cliff used to love peanut clusters (they are basically peanuts and chocolate and we found them in the candy section at the grocery store).  They are kind of hard to find, and a little expensive so one day I told him I was going to make them myself.  Apparently his Mom used to make some when he was little and he said she melted chocolate and peanut butter, then added peanuts.  That is exactly what I did and my favorite treat was born.  I have these in my fridge at all times.  I typically have them as dessert most evenings unless I there is another dessert that has been made during the week.  The other day when I was making Oreo balls I decided to try something new with the last bit of chocolate.  I added peanut butter, a few peanuts and corn flakes.  I spooned them out just like peanut clusters.  They are my new favorite version of Peanut Clusters.  I have made them twice in the past 2 weeks.  I highly recommend you try these!
 These are an amazing little treat to end your day.
 To refresh your memory, melt chocolate in a double boiler, add a big glob of peanut butter
 Add a few peanuts.  For the New and Improved Peanut Clusters, this is the point you will add corn flakes as well
Scoop into muffin cups or onto parchment paper

I would have to say this is my favorite dessert of the moment.  I love them because I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter, peanuts and corn flakes.  As far as I am concerned, this is healthier than most desserts and it is really satisfying.  Hope you like them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment