Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Simple Pasta

I am thankful it is Friday and time to relax for the weekend.  Cliff and I are going to lay low this weekend and try to get some rest, which means I should get to cook up yummy things.  More than anything I am just looking forward to some quality time with my husband.  Tonight I decided to make zucchini pasta.  I saw it on Mels Kitchen Cafe and I had all the ingredients on hand (plus I needed to use up my zucchini).  It is a very easy recipe and we both loved it.  I followed her recipe exactly, it is in the link to her blog so check it out and enjoy
 
 I have always loved pasta with Parmesan and olive oil. 
 
 I baked some chicken to go with it.
 Start with shredded zucchini and minced garlic.  I also had my fresh basil ready to go
 While your pasta is boiling you cook your garlic and olive oil over medium heat for about a minute.  Add your shredded zucchini and seasoning and cook a minute more.  Add your lemon juice and stir well.  Once zucchini is tender take it off the heat.  Toss in your basil and lemon zest (if you used fresh lemon). Your pasta will probably be done at this point.  Drain and toss it with your zucchini mixture, top with fresh Parmesan and serve immediately.  Top with extra cheese and a drizzle of olive oil if you are up for it!

Simply Delicious

Cliff and me usually have something yummy for dessert on a Friday night.  I was craving chocolate (when am I not craving chocolate?) and remembered this awesome "The One" Chocolate Mug Cake.  I found it on Pinterest and I am glad I did.
With a few modifications:  
"The One" Chocolate Mug Cake (for one)
2 Tbsp. flour
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
2 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. oil
chocolate chips
peanut butter, nutella, or biscoff to put in the center

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a microwave safe bowl or mug.  Mix well and make sure the clumps are gone.  Stir in your milk and oil.  Add chocolate chips, stir and then drop a spoonful of peanut butter, nutella or both (I haven't tried it with biscoff yet).  Microwave for one minute and eat right away (don't burn off all your taste buds though!).  This is a little bit different than the recipe in the link.  You will have to play with the microwave times, but when I made a 1 1/2 batch, one minute was perfect
 It doesn't look as pretty as it tastes.  I made 1 1/2 servings and split it with Cliff, next time we will be getting our own servings.  When you scoop it out of the bowl you have a lava like peanut butter fudge waiting for you at the bottom
 At this point I am very excited and licking all my utensils

 Topped with Caramel Turtle Fudge Blue Bell
A little over the top, in a good way!  This combo was very delicious-I will always love ice cream on warm gooey chocolate things, but this cake would even be good without ice cream, so I have a keeper here.
Cliff and me watched Sky Captain in the World of Tomorrow, it was good.  Have a good weekend everyone, be back tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment