Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chocolate You Have Got To Try

TURTLES!  Okay, have you ever had homemade turtles?  I love them but always figured I didn't want to go through the trouble of making them.  Last year I tried this amazing, easy recipe and now I have to make them every year (especially for my Dad and brother).  I made a big batch of them before Thanksgiving and didn't want to post them because I was going to surprise my family with them.  Now they have eaten them all so it is safe to share!
Carmel and nuts (pecans or cashews).  At this point you dip them in chocolate-but I forgot to take a picture of them:(  Trust me they are mouth wateringly beautiful.
 Here are the caramels in the pan melting away!  You need to try this recipe:

Turtles
1 bag of kraft caramels, unwrapped
3 Tbsp. Butter
2 cups nuts (cashews or pecans)
16 oz dipping chocolate

Place caramel and butter in a double boiler.  Let sit until they start to soften.  You don't need to stir them very much.  When they are completely melted, take of heat, stir until smooth, and add nuts.  Spoon onto parchment as seen above.  Once they are cooled melt your chocolate according to the package directions and dip away!  These are very sweet and delicious!

BARKIN' DOGS!  I have posted about these before but I took a few extra pictures that may help with the process of making them. 

First, you need this little grill poker thing!  Get your ritz crackers ready with peanut butter on top (smooth or chunky).  Sometimes I put them in the fridge while the chocolate melts so the peanut butter doesn't melt as easy.
Place cracker in peanut butter side down.  Use poker to flip quickly.

Pull out and tap off excess chocolate!  It's that simple.  Usually I drizzle white chocolate on the top so they look awesome like so:
These are so delicious and simple to make!  People love them when you take them to events/gatherings.

Barkin Dogs
3 Sleeves Ritz Crackers
Plenty of peanut butter (I have used creamy and chunky-chunky is my favorite)
1 package chocolate almond bark (16 oz melting chocolate)

Top Ritz with peanut butter and put in fridge.  Melt chocolate in double boiler.  When chocolate is melted, dip peanut butter crackers in chocolate.  Drizzle with extra chocolate if you wish and devour!



No comments:

Post a Comment