Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Food, Fun, and Warhouse 13

We watched many episodes of Warhouse 13 on Netflix yesterday.  Cliff started it and I really like it.  It was good to just relax together and not think about the many things I need to do this week!  Just to backtrack a little, I made some awesome homemade rolls this weekend.  They are called Lion House Dinner Rolls (from MelsKitchenCafe).  Cliff even took a video because it helps to see how they are rolled.  Also, you should check out Mels site because she has a tutorial on yeast and it really helped me with my homemade bread making.  So here are the pictures:

 Roll dough out flat.
Slather with melted butter.
Cut with a handy, dandy pizza cutter
 Place on pan and let rise.
Bake until golden brown
Bread making takes practice.  These rolls are really tasty though:)  I will post the video soon!  This is the second time I made them.  Saturday, I made them to take over to my Aunt Brenda's to have with soup.  She make a Chicken Taco Soup that was delicious.
This was very tasty I must say.  If you like making bread, you have to try this recipe.  If you have never made bread you should try making my Refrigerator Rolls to practice.
**********
Sunday we decided to go to the early service at our church so we would have a little extra time to hang out together in the afternoon.  We went to the workout room of our apt. complex for about 20 minutes...I about died LOL.  I tried doing the elliptical on a cardio workout but I think the heart rate monitor was broken because it said my heart rate was so low and it kept making it harder (Level 13-NO thank you).  So, I got on the treadmill.  Came back and made a delicous lunch.  Chicken salad sandwiches:  canned chicken from Sam's Club, mayo, green onion, grapes, and salt and pepper.  They were simple and delicious.
Served with pears!
Made some Christmas goodies after lunch...so much chocolate dipping:)  I am making goodie plates to give to people for Christmas and they need to be done by the end of the week.

  Barkin Dogs, chocolate covered pretzels, and peanut butter chocolate covered pretzels (which all got eaten...oops!)
 Whipped up my simple spaghetti sauce.  1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, and simmer for about 1 hour (sometimes I add a little sugar and red pepper flakes).  This is really easy and tastes great.  We usually add a little meat or meatballs.

Served with bacon green beans, fresh basil, and a leftover roll!
Had some yummy egg nog (I add milk, whipped cream, and cinnamon), and watched Warhouse 13 the rest of the evening.  I may have also polished off the peanut butter chocolate pretzels:)
Well, it is a busy day, and I work late tonight so I will post again tomorrow!  Hope everybody has a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment