Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Fun With the Family

It has been a fun couple of days!  Yesterday I got some last minute shopping done with my great friend Kourtney:)  We had fun and laughed a lot.  In the evening Cliff's Dad ordered some pizza from this place called Pizza Planet.
I almost forgot to take a picture because I was SO hungry.  We had supreme pizza, mojos (awesome battered and fried potatoes), and salad.  It was super delicious.
We ate all this food then watched Chopped while we waited for Cliff's flight to arrive.  I also had a Peanut Butter Snickers (my new favorite candy bar).  Now Cliff is here and we are all happy.  We went to Grammer's house this morning and I made Baked Oatmeal while his Mom cooked bacon!  I have to share this recipe because it is really easy and delicious.  

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal.
 Man I enjoy bacon (wish it wasn't so expensive).
Made Cliff some cheesy eggs!
Here is my plate!  With lots of coffee-yummy.
Baked Oatmeal
2 Cups Oatmeal
1 ½ Cups Milk
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 Beaten Egg
½ Cup Chopped Pecans
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup Craisins (Could try various toppings: apples, raisins, bananas, etc)
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Baking Powder
Dash of Salt

Mix ingredients together.  Place into sprayed square cake pan.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  The liquid should be absorbed!  Served with milk and bacon:)
**Can add chocolate chips if you so desire:)  White chocolate would be good too.

You need to try this recipe.  Tonight we are headed to Buns Over Texas with Brent's side of the family:)  It should be fun!  Hope you guys are ready for Christmas and hope you take the time to rest and appreciate the amazing gift of Jesus, coming humbly to this earth so that we would be able to live freely in relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment