Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Roast Many Ways

What is better than homemade roast?  Making awesome meals with the leftovers.  I told Cliff that I think I like the leftovers better.  My favorite way to use the roast was for breakfast burritos.  Thursday afternoon I made Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos.  If you do not have a lot of time for breakfast in the morning or want a no-fuss weekend breakfast, you have to try these.  Actually, you don't need a reason, just try them!
 If only you could taste this.  Cliff ate two and then had another one for lunch
 Eggs, potato, roast, bell pepper
 First I cooked the potato cubes in a hot skillet with oil.  I put them on a plate and added shredded roast and a few bell peppers.  I just let that brown a little and then put it on a plate so I could cook my eggs
 When the eggs are almost cooked through, add everything to the skillet
 Turn off the heat and stir.
 When you are ready to use your mix you can just heat it in the microwave while you put tortillas on a hot skillet.  Put it all together with cheese.  They were so yummy.  Hope you try these.  Also, you could use different types of meat if you don't have roast.  Another great way to eat leftover roast is nachos!
 Layer chips, cheese, shredded roast and refried beans
 Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes
Nice melty cheese!
 We topped them with lettuce, tomato and salsa
 I made some awesome cookies for dessert and we had a game night.  We played Pictionary and it was really funny
  These were made from a cookie mix that Danielle gave us at Christmas.  They were amazing.  I topped some of them with Reese's eggs and Rolos.  I ate 3 because they were so good.  My favorite were the ones topped with Reese's:)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I have another busy week coming up but I plan on blogging a little more than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment