Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Monday

We had a pretty productive weekend and can't believe it is over.  We went to church and lunch yesterday and then I had a class so I was not home much.  Last night I made a quiche using more of the ham we have leftover (I put some in the freezer and already pulled it out!).  It is a simple recipe and you could change some of the add-ins if you wanted.
 Vegetable Ham Quiche
 While the hash brown crust was in the oven I skilleted some squash and bell peppers.  I added ham when I turned off the heat and set that aside to cool
 While my mixture was cooling, I made an egg and milk mixture and then combined it all.  Pour that into the hash brown crust and bake for about 20 minutes
 It was delish!
 Ha, while I was cooking, Cliff was finding me a bike helmet online since we got mountain bikes!
 We sat out on our back patio for dinner
Vegetable Ham Quiche
1 egg lightly beaten
3 cups shredded hashbrowns
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
A little salt and pepper
Filling:
1 large squash or zucchini
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
2 cups diced, cooked ham
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (optional)
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
5 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese

In a large bowl combine the egg, hashbrowns, and parm. cheese.   Press into the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish (mine was an 11x8).  Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.  Once that is in the oven you can start on your filling.  In a large skillet sautee zucchini and bell pepper in butter until just tender, 5-10 minutes.  Stir in the ham, basil, dry mustard, salt and pepper and remove from the heat.  While that is cooling beat your remaining eggs and milk.  Add that to your zucchini mixture and stir in cheese.  Pour into crust and bake for about 20 minutes or until eggs are set.  Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
 We watched a movie after dinner and I was still a little hungry so I made a more filling dessert.  Oat nut bread with a little peanut butter, nutella, and lots of toppings!  Plus I may have had a few bites of Cliff's Oreo cheesecake!
I made Cliff and me waffles with peanut butter and apple butter for breakfast.
Hope everyone is off to a great start this morning.  I know I had a hard time getting up:)  I went to Body Pump and they finally came out with a new release so it was fun.  I plan to work on cards and go in to work early today.  My friend text me this verse this morning and it was just what I needed.  Maybe you do too
 Turn to me and have mercy on me,
   as you always do to those who love your name.
 Direct my footsteps according to your word;
   let no sin rule over me.
 Redeem me from human oppression,
   that I may obey your precepts.
 Make your face shine on your servant
   and teach me your decrees.
 Streams of tears flow from my eyes,
   for your law is not obeyed.
Psalm 119:132-136

No comments:

Post a Comment