Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Smoothie

I have been meaning to try this smoothie recipe for a long time.  I love pumpkin but I didn't seem to make any pumpkin stuff last fall which is sad.  I guess I am getting a late start because I finally had a pumpkin smoothie yesterday.  I have to admit I was pretty scared it would be awful (because if you don't use pumpkin right, it can make you gag!).  I guess this recipe is a keeper because I liked it so much I am about to make another one.
 I will post the recipe below, it kind of reminded me of the flavors you have in Chai tea.
I had this and some of the quiche for lunch and a chicken salad sandwich for dinner.  I decided to make apple cinnamon oatmeal at work for my late night snack, and it was so good...I need to do that more often!
I fueled up for my cardio class this morning with a granola pancake.  I added pb, pears, cinnamon maple yogurt and it was delicious.

Pumpkin Smoothie
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup pumpkin
1 frozen banana
2 tsp. almond butter
5 ice cubes
a dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment