Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Friday Already!

This week has flown by.  Sorry I have been missing in action, but I have lots of pictures to catch you up on!  I am so excited for the weekend.  We have a lot planned with friends, church and a nice Easter lunch.  There is a lot to reflect on with Easter-I have been reading the in Mark about what Jesus was doing the night before His death and during His death.  As the weekend progresses I will read the whole story.  It is a hard story with such an amazing ending.  You should read it, starting in chapter 14.
On to my week of unplanned meals.  I prefer to have my meals planned out, but sometimes it doesn't work that way, and you just improvise.  Here is what I came up with.
 This was my favorite.  Gorton's beer batter fish fillets (in the freezer section), baked with white cheddar mac and green beans.  Cliff and I both loved these and we will be having them again soon.
 My instant oatmeal with cranberries, granola and peanut butter.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but it was so good I had it 2 mornings in a row!
 Grilled turkey, tomato, laughing cow cheese sandwich with a cherry banana smoothie
 This is our "bog" behind out apt.  It is really pretty right now because green little leaves have fallen from the trees (ha, it looks like pretty grass so I am glad I know it is water)!
 Dinner last night was sauteed squash with a mexican rice dish I invented.
 A can of pinto beans with crock pot chicken and salsa.  I let this simmer while my rice was cooking.
 I put brown rice on my plate and then topped it with my bean mix!
 Add cheese, sour cream and salsa and you have dinner.
 I made this up last minute so I was pretty pleased.
 I have had a crazy busy day.  I picked up Quiznos in the madness and it was amazing.  I don't know if I can ever go to Subway again.
 I had turkey, bacon, chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato, cheddar and mushrooms on wheat
Followed by an Easter Snickers Peanut Butter egg.  Easter candy is the best candy of the year... and the candy bar eggs are the best (Snickers, Reese's, PB Snickers and Butterfinger).  I better get going because I still have a lot to do to get ready for the weekend. 
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his Spirit.
John 19:30
With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.  The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.  And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!"
Mark 15:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment