Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blueberry Pickin

We found a great blueberry farm about 20 minutes from our house so we went blueberry pickin on Saturday!  So exciting, things like that remind me of my childhood and I tend to get excited like a little kid.  We had a lot of fun and now we have lots of yummy blueberries to eat!
 A cute blueberry farm that was a lot bigger than we expected!
 Cliff was really good at picking blueberries.  I started by roaming around to many trees, sampling blueberries at every tree.  I was not getting very far until I found Cliff and stuck with his method.  Find a tree with a lot of berries and pick them from the top!
 We both had out buckets (he filled his a lot faster!)
 We ended up with 3 and a half pounds for only $7.
 And in case you didn't know, that is a lot of blueberries
 Oh so delicious.  I got home and immediately made us a smoothie
 I will be making many more of these
 Blueberry pancakes were the best though.  We had these this morning and I am already craving more
 So much better with fresh blueberries.  I just used Kodiak mix to save time this morning.  After church I just got a few things done around the house and started on dinner early because I made bread!
 This is from a bread mix my Aunt gave me a while back.  I wanted to make it so I could have bread for sandwiches this week.  It turned out great.
 I also made zucchini meatballs (saw them on Iowa Girl Eats and followed the recipe exactly because they looked so good!).  We will be having meatball subs with them tomorrow
 I also made green beans, and garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes
 It was a lovely dinner.
We went to Culver's with friends afterward.  Chocolate custard with Reese's and peanut butter, my all time favorite!
Hope everyone has had a great weekend.  I am ready to turn in for the evening so I can get up early for the workweek.  Happy Monday and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment