Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Baked Zucchini Fries

I have had Zucchini Fries at a couple different restaurants, and let me just say I thoroughly enjoy them.  I am not the type to pig out on appetizers (surprising I know), because I usually want to be hungry for dinner, but when zucchini fries are ordered, I change my mind as soon as I try them.  Who cares about dinner when you get to eat zucchini fries before, they are the best dipped in ranch.  I don't even want to think about how unhealthy they are, they are a vegetable right?  Okay, so I saw these the other day and immediately knew I needed to make them.  They are really easy and we had them 2 days in a row because they are really good.

 Warm and toasty baked zucchini fries
 Toss your raw zucchini in flour to coat.  Then dip in egg wash and then breadcrumbs
 Place on a large cookie sheet and bake!
Delicious, healthier alternative to the deep fried, battered zucchini fries you can get at restaurants.

Baked Zucchini Fries
1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. Tony's Creole Seasoning
Garlic powder and pepper to taste (just a good sprinkle)
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flour (may need more or less)
2 medium zucchini

Preheat your oven to 425 and lightly grease a large cookie sheet.  Cut your zucchini in the shape of fries.  Put flour in a medium bowl, set aside.  Whip egg and milk in a bowl (a wide shallow bowl will work).  In a larger shallow bowl mix all the ingredients above garlic powder, this will be your breadcrumb coating.  Make a little assembly line starting with cut up zucchini, then flour, egg, breadcrumb mixture and pan.  Place in bowl with flour and toss to coat.  You want all of them to be coated with flour, then take a few at a time and dip them in your egg wash.  From there dip them in the breadcrumbs and make sure they are coated well.  Place them on greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.  After ten minutes, mix them around and flip them.  They are good dipped in ranch or marinara sauce.  Enjoy!

Happy Friday, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment