Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What I Ate Tuesday

Are you ready for my exciting day of eats?

Breakfast:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Oats
(1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 3 ice cubes, 1/2 frozen banana, 3 or 4 frozen strawberries, sprinkle cinnamon and blend.  Add 1/3 cup uncooked oats at the end, stir up and enjoy.  The longer it sits the better the oats taste)
Green Tea to go with it
Lunch:
 This is at lunch after I had added in my spinach, tomato and cheese
 This is the night before
Quinoa Salad from Breanna (she uses pasta but I use quinoa, both are awesome)
It turned out really good and the recipe follows

Snack:
Strawberries and 1/2 of a mango (sorry no pic, I ate it on the run)
Baby Carrots dipped in peanut butter (also no pic)


Dinner:
 Had a little corn tortilla with butter and jelly on the side
 This is the tricky part, I had to flip this, then add toppings
 Sauteed cauliflower, bell pepper and sausage
 Add cheese and fold over.  Then I put my corn tortilla in the skillet
Omlete
(2 eggs, ground sausage, cauliflower, bell pepper and cheese)

Snack:  Mixed nuts with dark chocolate chips (walnuts, dry roasted peanuts, slivered almonds, tiny amount of dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips.


Quinoa Salad
1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to directions (makes 3 cups cooked)
1/2 package halved pepperonis
1/2 bell pepper, diced (you could use olives instead, that is how Breanna makes it)
3/4 cup Italian dressing
Cherry tomatoes
1/2 pound mozzarella, cubed
Drizzle olive oil

Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate.  Serve over spinach.  I made a few modifications to this for my lunch because I didn't have enough pepperoni (so I just used less) and I only had a roma tomato and shredded mozzerella so I decided to add them each time I eat it.
I added the cheese, fresh cut tomato and spinach at lunch when I ate it.  Delish

No comments:

Post a Comment